The Blogger Image Import WordPress plugin that I wrote some time ago is getting a bit old and has some issues with the newer blogger structure.
People have continued to use this plugin, and some have even made suggestions on how to fix it in the comments of that page.
I have collected some of that information here if anyone is still interested in using this plugin. I do not have time to update the plugin, but I am happy to include fixes that others have made to it.
There are two main issues that I know of now.
- The domain on which the images are hosted is not constant. It has changed over time from blogspot.com to blogger.com
- The links to the full size images are actually links to html pages that contain the image
Some commenters have pointed out some solutions. Those are
- Run the script once with the image server domain set to blogspot.com and again with it set to blogger.com. Ultimately, it would be best if the script were updated to support both, or possibly any other domain as there is no reason to restrict it to just those two, but then it might import images that were intended to be linked.
- If the name of the image contains “s1600-h” remove the “-h” and convert it to “s1600” when importing. It seems that Blogger is currently storing the images at those locations.
Here is a link to a version of the script that was sent to me by JT and described on the comment page
I have not tested it, so use it at your own risk, but it looks good and shows the changes that were made to the original. Look for “MODIFIED:” comments in the script for a description of the changes.
I welcome any updates that people make to improve the script. If you find any issues, or fix the existing issues better, please let me know and send a copy of your fixes so we can share them with others.